Current Week Reading Assignments and Questions for Discussion
Week 22: 8/9/21 (no meeting on 8/2/21)
Reading & Reflection
Reading & Reflection
- T-7.I. The Law of the Kingdom
- When you focus on blaming another and feel a sense of righteousness and cleanness from doing so, have you also noticed a kind of emotional bad aftertaste?
- How would you describe that? However you describe it, realize that that bad aftertaste is the result of the workings of this law.
- T-7.II. The Unification of Abilities
- Can you think of an example where you developed an ability in order to excel--to surpass others in accomplishment?
- How do you think you could use that same ability to equalize--to help everyone be on the same plane?
- T-7.III. Healing as a Way of Remembering
- How much of an attraction do you feel to the two sides of the healer role here--the healer as an artist (who channels the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to inspire healing in others) and the healer as a scientist (who sees only the laws of God at work in others and thus allows those laws to heal)?
- If you imagine yourself in each of those roles, how does it feel?
- T-7.IV. Healing and the Changelessness of Mind
- Have you ever felt that someone who was helping you was looking down on you? How did that feel to you?
- Have you ever looked down on someone you were trying to help?
- Do you care to share any examples of either case?
- T-7.V. The Denial of Power
- Do you feel aware of the conflict within you between the truth and the ego?
- How would you describe this conflict?
- When are you most aware of it?
- How does it feel in you?
As a reminder, my requested contribution for these weekly study group meetings is $25 per month. This is not a requirement for joining the study group. No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
As the Course says “One rule should always be observed: No one should be turned away because he cannot pay. No one is sent by accident to anyone. Relationships are always purposeful.” (P-3.III.6:1-3) If you have any concerns about the requested contribution at any point, please reach out to me so we can have a conversation.
Helpful Links and Resources
Christina Manuilow, Be Well Therapeutics, PO Box 904, Woodstock, CT 06281