Current Week Reading and Reflection Questions
Week 32: 10/18/21
Reading & Reflection
Reading & Reflection
- Cameo 22: “The Return of His Will”
- What is your relationship with your will?
- Do you feel that, like Bill, you have submerged your will to a degree, out of fear of what it has done and what it might still do?
- If so, what do you think this teaching from Jesus would have you do about this?
- T-12.IV. Answering “Outrageous” Requests
- What is your typical reaction in the face of someone insisting that you do something you don’t want to do?
- Is it resistance?
- If it’s acquiescence, how do you think that may differ from what Jesus is advocating here?
- T-12.V. The “Outside” World
- What is your reaction to being told that all the attack you see in the world--from spouses and children and bosses and creditors and politicians—is really “in your own mind and nowhere else”?
- How do you think that is possible, given all the violence that is objectively present in our world?
- T-12.VI. Seeking and Finding
- If you believe that your search for love has been--to some degree, on some level--a failure, what has been your explanation for this?
- Where, in your eyes, has the problem been?
- Can you find hope in the Course’s explanation of the problem?
- T-12.VII. A Special Curriculum
- To what degree have you felt like you’ve been in stasis in terms of learning how to love, as if you are no better at it now than you were twenty years ago?
- How do you feel about Jesus’ solution, which is to place yourself fully inside a curriculum designed not by you, but by the Teacher God sent you?
As a reminder, my requested contribution for these weekly study group meetings is $25 per month. This is not a requirement for joining the study group. No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
As the Course says “One rule should always be observed: No one should be turned away because he cannot pay. No one is sent by accident to anyone. Relationships are always purposeful.” (P-3.III.6:1-3) If you have any concerns about the requested contribution at any point, please reach out to me so we can have a conversation.
Helpful Links and Resources
Christina Manuilow, Be Well Therapeutics, PO Box 904, Woodstock, CT 06281